What is PRP?
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) contains growth factors and proteins that stimulate the growth of collagen and healthy new skin cells.
- PRP has a long and researched history of successful use in orthopedics, dentistry, and reconstructive surgery.
- When PRP is reintroduced into precise areas of the skin – it can help stimulate regeneration of tissue and essentially “heal” your skin. It essentially tricks your skin by signaling there is an injury so that your growth factors and proteins will be stimulated in this particular area and will heal.
PRP therapy for hair loss:
- 3 step treatment in which a patient’s blood is drawn, processed, and then injected into the scalp
- Triggers natural hair growth and maintains it by increasing blood supply to the hair follicle
- Increases the thickness of the hair shaft.
PRP Facial can help improve:
- Skin regeneration
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Loss of skin elasticity
- Acne and acne scars
- Facial volume correction such as thinning of dermis (seen with weight loss and aging)
- Changes in skin color (helps restore blood circulation to face)
- Wound healing
- Softens sun damage
- Improves circulation
What can I expect during procedure?
- Blood is drawn from the patient and spun in a centrifuge. The PRP produced is then used with a microneedling pen to penetrate just below the skin surface.
- Microneedling causes a healing response from the skin and collagen is stimulate or Injection into the scalp for hair growth
- Pain, redness and bruising can occur.
- Normal healing time is 2-4 days.
- Since PRP is your own blood – there are no real side effects.
- The effects from the PRP continue to build over 2-3 months and can last for at least 1-2 years.
Click below to learn more and see pictures. Schedule your consultation today at 336-765-8620 or email@example.com.